I was delayed a bit due to my own stupidity(!) and the awesome husband of mine drove all the way from Mississauga to Queen / Spadina in record time so I didn't have to miss out even more! These are the lovely ladies whom I got to meet.
- Adrienne - All style, All substance
- Gillian- Crafting a Rainbow
- Kristian - Victory Patterns
- Chloe - Button and Needle
- Catja - Gjeometry
- Andi - How UnSeamly
- Dana - Wardrobe Dysfunction
- Debbie - Sew I think I can Sew
- Reethi - Weekend Crafting
- Vicki - Another Sewing Scientist(yes, she came all the way from Montreal!)
- Sarah - Pattern Vault
- Kristin - K-Line
- Sera - http://seraphinalina.blogspot.ca/
- Sandra has a blog, I just don't remember the name. :( Anyone?
Wow! That's 18 of us, including me!!! We split into groups, shopped for a bit at the Fashion district (Queen / Spadina). And no, I did not buy fabric, but yes, I got some really yummy Cupro Bemberg lining in black from the Wool House (Linings are excluded from my No-buy fast. I'm proud of myself that I didn't go overboard buying tons of linings. It helped that it wasn't cheap! ;) And that's all I bought! Yesss!!!
We then, stopped at a cafe on Queen West for the fabric and pattern swap.Oh my!! I came back with so much more than what I took - 2 Burda magazines, and some swimsuit fabric in royal blue and some natural fabrics.
Most of the people I met wore their creations.. I got to see the wonderful Tiramisu and Renfrew in action! Reethi wore her Crocodile print knit pencil skirt. Adrienne, the lady in the apple green blouse, drafted that herself! :o It looks even more gorgeous in person.
Drinks and dinner later, we left with our hearts and minds filled with joy, a great feeling of community and TONS of possibilities!