Sunday, May 12, 2013

Whatcha gonna make? (I am making plans)

One month into the challenge and I haven't made a thing!! I haven't bought a piece of clothing either, but the goal here is to get me sewing...So I'm going to do what I always do - make plans. But this time around, I'm going to declare it to all the lovely sewing people out there just so that you can feel free to give me a kick in the rear, if I don't make it.

Now that's established, let's talk more on the plans. The more I see my previous patterns related to plans and carrying them out, I realize that long term plans don't do much to me.. I lose sight of the goal real quick.. but short term goals, quick ones, small ones work well.  Sooooo.....

In the next 4 weeks, I'm going to make 4 tops and 2 dresses.

There! I've said it!

After a big purge in the last 2 months, I'm finding that my wardrobe is seriously lacking in the tops department and summer short sleeved dresses. Time to do something about it.  And it will also help me tweak the minor fit issues with sleeves.

Now isn't this too many garments??  I chose this number, only because my almost TNT knit top pattern is ready and I think I can do it. At least 4 of the fabrics have been prewashed too!  Now I just have to cut up and sew.

Writing that was easy! Posting it was nerve wracking. Let's see what comes out of it!

Meanwhile, I'd love to hear from you..... What's your plan for the next 4 weeks?  Do plans work for you? Short term plans? Long time plans? What helps you carry out your plans?

8 comments:

  1. I'm always reluctant to publish plans in case I don't follow through! Good luck with yours. Look forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your tops and dresses. My overall plan is the sew the Butterick wardrobe pattern 5619 but that is over the course of a year with other patterns in between. I find if I try to plan too much - I get sidetracked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh. A challenge to one's self! I can't wait to see your finished pieces!

    I joined the last two challenges on PR so I have: a top ready to sew, a skirt that's about 1/3 done, Pants cut. Whew! I'd also like to muslin a jacket/blazer after fondling my fabric stash this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have a TNT pattern in mind, it sounds like a challenging but achievable goal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like you in that large plans overwhelm me and end up getting kicked to the curb. Small manageable bites are good for me as well. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your replies.... Life got in the way (as usual) and I Think I might have to extend my timeframe to another week .... But good news - one done! 5 more to go ..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Friendly comments or constructive feedback are always welcome.

All comments will be moderated to prevent spam.