Monday, January 6, 2014

Bye bye 2013, Hello 2014!

So many non-sewing related things happened last year and I've grown up a wee bit thanks to all of those. My sewing took to back burner and I have absolutely no regrets.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, they say! I found that to be true, to my amazement. 'Letting go' seems to be the general theme for last year. And I also discovered that I was not forced by life to 'let go' and that it was a choice. MY choice! I discovered the strength to stand up for myself and not put up with disrespect and the strength to let go.



Letting go did not create a void in my life, but some space. A generous breathing space. I guess, making that space in my life consciously, has brought some welcoming changes around here and we are thrilled.... I also owe 3 people, some love filled packages... It's coming sooooon. I promise!

As for sewing resolutions for this year, I have none! I'm going to practice being grateful for all that I have and to live in the moment.

Looking forward for 2014!!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for the very belated comment but that's a good resolution and a great post. Too often we get trapped in our own "should have's and would have's". Being grateful is a very good goal for the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, let's kick the should haves/ could haves / would haves out...

      Delete
  2. I enjoy your blog and have just nominated you for a Liebster Award. If you choose to accept this recognition, there are a few questions waiting for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I just hit to reading the comments after a really long time.

    Thank you for giving me an award. That's very sweet of you! I am on a blogging break right now. Maybe when i start blogging again, I'll make a post about this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Friendly comments or constructive feedback are always welcome.

All comments will be moderated.