- Conquer my fear of doing a FBA - I need a FBA. There's no escaping that. I need to conquer this beast first.
- TNT for knit top - I prefer knit tops than woven, so comfy! And very forgiving compared to wovens
- TNT pattern for knit dress - If I get a knit top TNT pattern, then this one would be easy
- TNT pattern for a woven top - I'd like to make an Indian style salwar kameez/kurta for me and a TNT woven pattern will help.
- Make 12 knit tops this year as a part of TAM (1 top a month)
- Fix at least 20 garments - I have a lot of pants waiting to be hemmed, etc that are waiting on my Fix-It pile
- Organize sewing area: Now that I have a place to sew, I would like to arrange / organize my sewing area.
- Take 2 sewing classes
- Learn to work on the coverstitch machine and serger (added serger to this list,now that I have one)
- Learn how to do at least one type of zippers (either center zipper or invisible zipper)
- Learn to make at least 5 type of drafting alterations on a TNT top pattern (say, changes to necklines, etc)
- Watch 12 sewing related DVDs - DVDs are so much easier for me to learn than from books.
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Sewing goals for 2012
If I know me right, I'd say if I don't push myself into something, I'd never get it done. So, here's my sewing goals for this year. I plan to re-visit this list often and see where I am.